Sunday, August 26, 2007

Unexpected meeting with Adibah Noor. A sweet memory to be cherished.


Last Thursday I went to Kinokuniya to look for this book ‘The Kite Runner’ by Khaled Hosseini. I was searching for this book and finally I managed to grab it. It is a novel about modern Afghanistan. Actually I came with this author when I saw a big poster in ouf faculty library. I read the review and I found it to be interesting. So I just grabbed it and took it to the payment counter. While I was waiting in the payment counter, I saw a lady quite familiar. I have seen in the Just English magazine where there is an article on Adibah Noor and I know how she looks like. I turned my head slightly down and it is Adibah Noor. I quickly greeted her and I couldn’t imagine I’m talking to a person after so many years I always wanted to see her. She also was very delighted to meet me and as usual I introduced myself. She also advice me not only to be a good educator but also a good teacher. For your information guys, she is still singing. Since there is not much time left and lots of her fans taking snaps, hugging and kissing her, I asked her for an autograph. She also told me to pass her warm regards to you all friends all also all the TESL lecturers in UPM. What a wonderful experience meeting with her. I told my parents whom I met today and they said that it is my luck that I managed to see her. I will not forget this wonderful moment.

No comments: