Sunday, August 26, 2007

Diaries. It’s a good way of getting to know ourselves better


Today, we went on a new topic that is discussing on diaries. I really like to read authors diaries because it gives me an awareness of the people who is talking about his or her life. Also, the person’s experiences and his or her revelations in it. It also can act as a source of relieve especially for people who are undergoing the same situation as in the person in the diary. This will make the reader to create a strong bond between himself or herself and the person in the story. Dr.Ed proposed this question to us on ‘What do diaries tell us about the writer?. My response is that it tells about the writer’s feelings and revelations about personal ideology which is controlled through religion, values, cultures and ethnicity. It is also private and personal. Apart from that, writer’s of diaries have a positive impact towards their work. This what makes them to write freely, openly and without any feelings of shameness or guiltness. Also Dr.Ed stated that fictional diaries are literary genres which is closely related to the issue being said by the writer. For your information friends, I do not keep any record in diaries but after listening to Dr.Edwin’s lecture, I thought maybe I should start keeping a diary. It will be useful to understand myself better as well as for keeping an account of whatever information which I find it to be useful. Thanks to Dr.Ed for introducing us to the background of diaries as well as alerting us the impotance of diary. Your lecture has open my eyes to the world of diaries. Besides that, Dr.Ed has also suggested for us to look for this author Sue Townsend on her work ‘Secret Diaries of Adrian Mole’. So my duty over this weekend is to go to Kinokuniya and find this book. Also friends, not forgetting our readings on “Quotes from “The Andy Warhol Diaries” and also Kafka, 1910 Diaries. Hmmm, lots of reading to be done.

No comments: