Sunday, August 26, 2007

Autobiography: What an EXPOSURE !!!


This time, Dr.Ed lectured about Nelson Mandela’s autobiography. Before coming to the class, Dr.Ed has instructed us to read Nelson Mandela’s autobiography and I felt quite sad because the horrible and the unexpected things which he has to go. I kept thinking to myself, how this person after having experienced so many things in life, managed to express feelings in his story. There are some people out there that could not even write an autobiography due to some bad experience which he or she has experienced in life. But here after reading his autobiography, I felt that this guy really have the heart to write and reveal out freely his experiences. This is truly amazing. After reading his autobiography, I too now like to write my own autobiography but write now, I have no time because, all of us are busy doing our position and research project works. Perhaps later, when I’m doing my Postgraduate programme (Masters), I will write my own autobiography of any account of my life experiences and then give it to Dr.Ed to use as a reading for the later juniors. How nice if my work can be as a inspiration for the other students. Sounds interesting don’t you think. While discussing on Nelson Mandela’s autobiography, Dr.Ed also introduced us on the elements of autobiography as well as the 4 different types of questions on autobiography. As a review guys, let me state the four type of questions which we have been discussed in class.

Why write autobiographies?
1) What could be some of the functions of autobiographies?
2) Pitfalls in reading autobiographies.
3) What could educational implications for using autobiographies in the classroom?

Apart from that, Dr.Ed have also assigned us to find the definition of autobiography, why people have diaries and also find extracts on any diaries / journals / blogs which can be used in the classroom. WOW!, that’s a lot of work need to be done over the weekend. So I’m going to sit in front of my blue screen while having a cup of coffee and listening to Hitz.Fm. What a happy weekend.

To be continued…

No comments: