Sunday, August 26, 2007

Reworking on thesis statement and the 5 main points


My thesis statement has been approved by Dr.Ed and I’m very happy that at last after lots of thinking and redoing, I have managed to get my thesis statement done. Now, it’s the main points which is making me think what is the most suitable points to add. In Jhumpa Lahiri’s book, The Interpreter of Maladies, which I’m focusing on one of the short stories that is ‘A Temporary Matter’, there are lots of ironies and humour which she use to create suspense, conflict, romance and fun. What I have to look among these is what really makes Shukumar change his attitude after the stillbirth of the baby. There are lots of instances that show how his attitude changes after the stillbirth of the baby but right for now, I have to only find the 5 main points. I wrote the main points on the board and somewhat was not approved in a sense that I have to elaborate more and justify it with very proper, concrete and strong reasons. So, I’m still continuing my finding on these 5 main points and Godwilling, I will be able to write on the board the next time. So friends, lets meet the next session.

No comments: