Sunday, October 21, 2007

Viewing on the movie 'Freedom Writer's'



Today we watched the movie ‘Freedom Writer’s. Overall the movie was interesting but at the same time touching. The teacher in this movie tried very hard to get the students attention in learning English. Since they are problematic students with different ethnicities, it is really hard for the teacher to teach them. When I watched the movie, I could see how the teacher and the students react with each. It is quite difficult especially when it comes to handling a situation like this. However the teacher keeps on trying her very best to teach her students. Her hard work and courage has made her to bring the students attention in the lesson. In this movie also, I got some tips like how to teach such students using different techniques. For example the teacher uses the line game method where she gets each and every student to step the line if he or she has faced any problems in his or her lives. Another way which I saw is when the teacher asks the students to write whatever they faced in their lives and also any things that they like to say in a journal. And at last, they wrote the problems and the things which they went through in their lives. One part in this movie that I really felt is when the students are to come to the front and toast by telling something in their life. When I saw each and every student expresse their feelings, I really pity them. They have gone through a lot in their lives and at last they flowed out whatever they have in their hearts. It is totally unimaginable. I too saw a few of my friends sneezing, coughing and taking tissues wiping their tears and I know that they also felt a lot. Anyway I didn’t cry. The movie is indeed a good one which have a lot values and thoughts to be reflected upon. It teaches more of ourselves by respecting other people and living together as a family. After watching the movie, I thought of wanting to get the book The Freedom Writer’s Diary. I thought of getting it after my exams is over so that I have ample time to read and reflect on the entries. Thank you very much Dr.Ed for giving us a good movie to watch. I would give this movie a 5 star rating.

No comments: