Monday, October 8, 2007

A trip to KLCC Petronas Gallery


Last Friday, I went to KLCC to see the portraits of Malaysian paintings which is the celebration of 50 years of Malaysia art in conjunction with our independence day. This exhibition is held in Galeri Petronas, Level 2, Suria KLCC. The theme is 50 WAYS to live in MALAYSIA. It is held between 21st of August till the 3oth of September 2007. I didn’t want to miss this golden opportunity and since I like to draw and admire paintings very much, I immediately went to see. As soon as I entered the main gate to Galeri Petronas, I ask the counter girl whether I can take shots on the paintings. Sad to say it could not be taken since it is a private property of the artists. So I kept my camera in the bag and went to see the paintings. All the paintings were very beautifully touched and expressed. When I admire each paintings, I felt like I’m in another world. It’s like being in a world of arts. It is very peaceful and it has made me to appreciate the artists’ work. The paintings are done by 50 Malaysian artists and the themes comprise of land, nature, society, communities, religion, politics, gender, architecture, leisure, food and historical events. Mostly are being portrayed the picture of modern Malaysia. Furthermore the exhibition also explores the range of mediums that Malaysian artists use to make their work. This consists of painting, sculpture, installation, printmaking, photography, textiles and new media. It is a very wonderful experience being there and I suggest friends not to miss this once in a blue moon opportunity.

No comments: