Monday, October 8, 2007

My position paper outline

Dr.Edwin has went through my points for position paper and everything seems to be fine. So lets look at my outline.

Thesis statement

Shukumar’s struggle in accepting the baby’s death changes his attitude towards his marriage.

5 main points

1. Shukumar now noticed that Shoba prefers to spend much time away from
him.

2. Shukumar’s attitude towards his duty as a husband and a student.

3. Shukumar dines separately, increasing their sense of alienation and lack of
communication.

4. The power outage adds an element of suspense as it shows up the
characters’ differences.

5. Shukumar first fully welcomes the thought of being a father and envisions
having several children.

After this I’m going to prepare the subpoints for each of these points together with the textual evidences. Hmmm, lots of work need to be done. My journey towards discovery begins... the countdown starts …


5 4 3 2 1 …

No comments: