Saturday, October 13, 2007

Got back my 1st draft on research paper


I got back my first draft and this time I have to some reworking. Overall my research was okay but I have to do more elaboration on the points. As Dr.Edwin stated I have to make a point, support the point with textual evidence and discuss the points. I noticed that I add more quotations but did not elaborate. When I went through my paper, I myself felt different because I came to find that some of my elaborations were not clearly stated and also was hanging. Now I realized that I have to make a clear stand of my elaboration. I also didn’t state clearly the subpoints of what I am going to talk. I have decided now to put it this way. Firstly I will discuss the significance of names in both characters, secondly their identities and thirdly the taboos. These three aspects I have to put under review of literature. Apart from that I too noticed that I use a lot of transitions like ‘This can be seen in chapter…’ So Dr.Ed advice me to use different transitions in order to show the flow of the work. I too need to work on the ending as well since it is abrupt. Also I have to rework on my implications towards education. I noticed that I didn’t state clearly what the students will learn but I just went on discussing. Hmmm, for my first draft I have to work more harder especially on the elaboration part. Anyway I am happy when Dr.Edwin commented my research paper is interesting. After this is my work on the second draft.

No comments: