Saturday, October 13, 2007

The Curious Incident of the dog in the night-time by Mark Haddon


I have read this book and I came to find it a very interesting novel. Basically it is about a fifteen-year-old child who has autism. He understands maths. He understands science. Of all he is a very brilliant child and a pleasant boy as well. The only thing he can’t understand are other human beings. When he finds his neighbour’s dog lying dead on the lawn, he decides to track down the killer and write a murder mystery murder about it. Here he keeps on questioning his dad and neighbours about the killer. They get fed up with him until other people perceives him as a strange kid. The story goes on and he will also encounter other mysteries throughout his finding on the killer. In this book I also noticed there are lots of graphic representation which accompanies with the story. I liked very much the way Mark add this elements in this story. I think this is the only book where I find tons of pictures and interesting facts. Smileys, statistics, maths, science symbols, formulas and many more are in this book. I would consider it to be an interesting novel to read. So Dr.Edwin maybe you would like to get this book. It is a very thrilling story which has good values in it. In fact it is a good book for people to understand about autistic children and their behaviors and feelings. There is also a movie coming up based from the book. I can’t really wait to see the movie.

No comments: